This isn't new news per se, but I never formally announced this in patch notes since it had a bunch of bugs I wanted to fix first.
I think most of them are now fixed.. so we can officially "release" these changes:
- Most of this is behind the scenes, but chat was upgraded to be virtually realtime so it scales with larger shows.
- Last night we had a show with 45+ folks in it (and 91 total listeners) and it worked swimmingly.
- For tech nerds: We completely rebuilt chat to use websockets, so true real time data transfer can take place. I'm going to continue to make this go even faster.
- Fixed a number of related bugs (message timers being incorrect & private messages not showing up)
- We expanded number of chat messages stored in local memory to 100
- You can now see the breakdown between guests watching chat and members sitting in chat.
- Todo: update stats counter with guests total
- Stats: fixed a bug that was undercounting the number of guests listening to a broadcast (would often cap guests at 1)
- MolinWolf is debuting his new show on Sunday afternoon.
- DirtyDoctorDan is also going to be doing shows on Fridays as well.
- Give them both a follow and tune in!
Some quick stats
- 11 users have now crossed the 100 follower threshold, with 3 of them above 200. Crazy!
Coming Up Next
- Profile Overhauls! Let's get those showreels front and center
- Global showreels section
- New broadcaster guide
- Showreel listener stats
- Tiger wrestling
- Thanks to our newest Patreon Luxapol!