Bigger update coming soon, but in the meantime I've taken some steps to make Prankcast chat more secure and did not want to wait on this release:
- You can no longer put markdown links in the chatroom in this format
[text](url). It represented a risk of users making the text look like a false url and linking it to something unsafe. For example:
- All http urls will still be linked, but will now take you to a Prankcast intermediate page where you are given a chance to inspect the URL and make sure you want to click through to it. This should prevent people from accidentally clicking a URL in a fast-moving chatroom and unintentionally visiting an unsafe page.
- All images are now run through a proxy on duckduckgo before being displayed in chat. This should prevent ip-logger sites linked as image urls from being able to grab the personal IP addresses of individual users in chat.
- Fixed a bug preventing scheduled broadcast drafts from being edited in the Web Broadcaster App
- Fixed podcast sorting issue
- Built an import script to pull in and host old Mixlr showreel files from interested users
- Wrapping long chat links so chat doesnt break when a big string is posted
Canaries hatched since the last update: 0