We're officially at v0.9!
This Major update is all about Chat: Speed, Bots, Flair and Uploads
This is Part 1 of the Patch notes and only includes publicly available changes. Some of the functionality that will be listed in Part 2 has been in the works for months now, so I'm so excited to get it out the door. There's a bunch more changes coming with Part 2 of this update! I also never officially announced some older patch notes, so I added those as prior posts at https://prankcast.com/en/news to help catch you up.
On to the good stuff…
Chat v3 is live
- Completely rewrote the core of the chat application to make it feel more responsive on all devices.
Bots are live!
- You'll see a bot posting memes and channel announcements in the room.
- Hosts can use chat filters in combination with the bot to really randomize the things it says.
- Type /help in the chat room to get dm'd a list of global chat commands. Some examples: /joke | /rules | /define word
- Hosts can build their own custom chat triggers to make the bot say silly (or productive) things when certain words are triggered.
- Add custom flairs to your follower's names. You can customize this or use templates. This is a good option to call out new supporters or make funny in-jokes.
- [Contributor-only feature] You can now upload in chat or access previously uploaded images! This feature is a new tab in the image menu where you post gifs.
Other misc chat tweaks
- You can upvote individual messages instead of just the parent (desktop only for now).
- Users can like their own comments now, because you do you.
- Welcome message now has the user's profile inks inside it as a new tab, to make scrolling in chat easier. The site footer was also removed…
- Broadcaster stats are being calculated in a new way and have been moved into a tab in the welcome screen. this could be buggy - please let me know if you see any wonkiness.
- chat is now full screen by default. you can make it even taller in the Chat Options menu.
- You can now browse chat while logged out again.
- Note: Chat history is temporary disabled while I work on compatibility with the new chat.
Profile Page improvements
- Profile Links now has options for headers and spacers.
- As such, Profile Links, Contacts and Friends can now be consolidated into one single menu and will all be moving under the Links form.
- Contacts and Friends will be deprecated and and deleted on Jan 31, 2023, so please move them over beforehand. I'll try to help anyone whose profile I see has the old stuff on them.
- A live preview of the links section will appear along side the form, so you can see how your page will look as you edit.
- At the bottom, you will now see a templates option. If you use this it will reset your form and build a template you can modify (listener or creator templates).
- To edit this, go into Settings > Profile . https://prankcast.com/app/settings/profile?panel=userprofile
- Completely rewrote the 3rd party broadcasting app section to offer specific tutorials, per app.
- You can now use non-SSL compatible apps to broadcast to Prankcast. I have added additional app options to the 3rd party section.
- Added a simple broadcaster onboarding guide page for newly added broadcaster accounts. You can see it here: https://prankcast.com/en/guide
- Added a warning message when a user does not use Prankcast servers to broadcast in their settings, since a couple hosts got confused on this.
- when you disable outgoing notifications you will not show up as live on the homepage anymore - so you can better test privately. You will still show up as live if someone visits your profile page directly.
- Added a new region to our broadcasting host to make west coast broadcasters have faster connections.
Personal warrant canaries
- Personal warrant canaries have been added and will be incremented whenever a patch note change goes live. You can see your personal warrant canary status on your personal settings page at the bottom.
- Canaries hatched since the last update: 0